Plus Size Womens Dresses And Suits
Today’s plus size women have a lot of options when it comes to fashion. Gone are the days when plus size ladies’ fashion choices were limited to black, drab and shapeless outfits. Nowadays, there are entire clothing lines dedicated exclusively to curvy girls—from wedding dresses to swimsuits. Here, you will learn all about shopping for the right plus size women’s dresses and suits.
How to Choose a Plus Size Dress
- Stick to dark colors. As you probably know, dark colors are your best bet when it comes to shopping for plus size women’s clothing. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to keep buying black dresses over and over again. You can also choose dresses in other rich dark colors like gray, midnight blue or brown.
- Choose the right length. The length of the dress is also an important factor to consider when buying a plus size dress. A dress that ends way above your knees will not only be inappropriate but will make it seem like the dress is too small, hence, making your figure appear larger. On the other hand, a dress that reaches all the way down to your ankles will also make your body look bulkier because of the excess fabric.
- Choose a cut that flatters your shape. The most important rule when shopping for a plus size dress is to look for a cut that shows off your assets while disguising your weak areas. For instance, if you have a plump mid-section then you should choose hourglass-shaped dresses that give the illusion of a smaller waist.
How to Choose a Plus Size Suit
- Choose a fitted jacket. When shopping for a plus size suit, pay attention to the cut of the jacket. The jacket of the suit should be tailored exactly to your figure. A jacket that’s too small in size or cropped too short will only make you look like you are bulging at the top. On the other hand, a jacket that is too large will make you look bulky.
- Look for a skirt that will flatter your legs. If you’re looking for a skirt suit then you should also pay attention to the shape and length of the skirt. If you have slim legs then don’t hesitate to show them off with a knee-length skirt. If you are heavy around the hips and thighs then select an A-line skirt. This type of shape will flow over your hips, thus, concealing your weak area.
- Consider having your suit customised by a tailor. Finding a suit that fits your figure accurately can be quite challenging. However, you can always have your suit altered by a professional tailor so it can match your proportions perfectly.